Governor’s Fire Service Awards:
Submit a Nomination Today!
Nominations for the annual Governor’s Fire Service Awards are open and can be submitted through an online form on the VDFP website through December 23, 2020. With such a uniquely challenging year, there are notable and inspiring examples in Virginia’s Fire Service that deserve the extra recognition.
These awards honor and recognize excellence in Fire Services in the Commonwealth through eight categories:
· Governor’s Award for Excellence in Virginia Fire Service
· Governor’s Award for Excellence in Virginia Community Risk Reduction
· Governor’s Award for Excellence in Virginia’s Fire Service Training
· Governor’s Award for Outstanding Fire Department Response
· Governor’s Award for Private Sector Excellence in Virginia Fire Service Support
· Governor’s Civilian Excellence in Virginia Fire Service Support
· Governor’s Virginia Firefighter of the Year
· Governor’s Virginia Fire Chief of the Year.
Among the 2019 recipients were Hopewell Bureau of Fire and the Arlington County Community Emergency Response Team Training Cadre, who were recognized for Outstanding Fire Department Response and Excellence in Virginia Fire Services, respectively. More information on 2019 winners can be found here.
Click below to submit a nomination form today.
Virginia Department of Fire Programs
tel: (804) 371-0220 | fax: (804) 371-3444
1005 Technology Park Drive, Glen Allen, VA 23059-4500