Two out-of-state emergency contractors aided Salem officials Tuesday to quell a silo fire that had been smoldering since last week.
Salem Fire-EMS crews were initially called to Salem Frame Co. in the 1900 block of Salem Industrial Drive about 11:32?p.m. Oct. 2, where they found smoke and flames coming from the top of a silo used to store coarse wood dust, city spokesman Mike Stevens said.
The fire at the time did minimal damage and was thought to be contained using a ladder truck. It was determined that the flames were accidental, caused by an electrical problem, Deputy Chief John Prillaman said.