Dear Fire Engineering and Fire Administration Professors:
Please help raise awareness of FAMA’s 2020 Phillip L. Turner Fire Protection Scholarship by forwarding this email to your students and posting the scholarship details where appropriate for visibility.
Additionally, please encourage your full-time students (sophomore, junior or senior) enrolled in a four-year program or master’s degree program in fire protection engineering or administration with an accredited university or college located within the United States or Canada to apply.
The application deadline for the 2020 scholarship is June 1, 2020.
Click HERE to download the details of the scholarship program.
FAMA is offering one (1) $5,000 scholarship to a full-time sophomore, junior or senior student registered in the upcoming year of a four-year fire protection engineering program or in a full-time master’s degree program in fire protection engineering or administration. This scholarship is only available to Fire Protection Engineering or Administration students enrolled in an accredited university or college located within the United States or Canada.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Applicant must be a full-time sophomore, junior or senior student currently registered in the upcoming school year.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a four-year program or a full-time master’s degree program in fire protection engineering or administration with an accredited university or college located within the United States or Canada.
- All application requirements must be received by the deadline.
- Only applicants that meet the requirements will be considered.
All applications must be submitted online at: http://www.fama.org/about-fama/scholarships/
The following documents are required to be submitted directly via e-mail or U.S. Mail:
- Official transcripts including cumulative college grade point and courses taken at an accredited college or university located within the United States or Canada. Digital transcript files emailed direct from the college or university are preferred. Unofficial transcripts emailed by the applicant are not considered valid or accepted.
- Letter or letters of recommendation by school professor or appropriate department head. Only letters of recommendation received direct from the professor or department head are accepted. Email direct to email@example.com
- Mailed documents must be postmarked with a date of no later than 6/1/19.
- Incomplete or late applications will NOT be considered.
Mailing Address: FAMA, PO Box 3065, Ocala, FL 34478
E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINES AND DATES:
- Application Period: September 1, 2019 to June 1, 2020 (Close Date: 6/1/2020)
- Application Evaluation Period: June 15 to July 15, 2020
- 2020 Recipient to be Announced by: July 31, 2020
- Scholarship to be Awarded by: August 14, 2020