Begin Preparing Your Application Now!
The 2017 AFG Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) release and application period is imminent. A follow-up email blast will be sent with its release and the date of the opening of the application period.
Begin preparing your application now by utilizing the application assistance tools available below.
FY 2017 Application Assistance Tools:
- The GET READY GUIDE are designed to give you a kick-start in preparing your application. It will help better prepare you to thoroughly answer the application questions.
- The SELF-EVALUATION ASSISTANCE sheets are designed to help you understand the criteria that you must address in your Narrative Statement when applying for the Assistance to Firefighters Grants (AFG) Program.
- There are two sheets, one for OPERATIONS & SAFETY and one for VEHICLE ACQUISITION.
- The APPLICATION CHECKLIST will help you prepare your grant application. Collecting this information beforehand will reduce the time and energy needed to complete your application.
- The COST SHARE CALCULATOR allows you to determine your organizations Local Cost Share for grants. It is important to familiarize yourself with FEMA’s administration of cost sharing requirements.
For More Information:
AFG Home Page: www.fema.gov/firegrants
AFG Regional Representatives: http://www.fema.gov/fire-grant-contact-information
AFG Help Desk: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone Toll-Free: 1-866-274-0960