The FY 2017 AFG application period will open on Tuesday, December 26, 2017 at 8 AM ET and will close on Friday, February 2, 2018 at 5 PM ET.
Please make sure that you have thoroughly reviewed the Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) prior to beginning your application, as it contains the latest updates to the FY 2017 AFG Grant Program. Begin preparing your application now by utilizing the application assistance tools available below.
FY 2017 Application Assistance Tools:
- NOTICE OF FUNDING OPPORTUNITY (NOFO) contains the key programmatic updates and application requirements for all eligible applicants.
- The GET READY GUIDE is designed to give you a kick-start in preparing your application. It will help better prepare you to thoroughly answer the application questions.
- The SELF-EVALUATION ASSISTANCE sheets are designed to help you understand the criteria that you must address in your Narrative Statement when applying for the Assistance to Firefighters Grants (AFG) Program. There are two sheets, one for OPERATIONS & SAFETY and one for VEHICLE ACQUISITION.
- The APPLICATION CHECKLIST will help you prepare your grant application. Collecting this information beforehand will reduce the time and energy needed to complete your application.
- The COST SHARE CALCULATOR allows you to determine your organizations Local Cost Share for grants. It is important to familiarize yourself with FEMA’s administration of cost sharing requirements.
Live application webinars coming soon. A separate message with the webinar dates will be distributed soon.
AFG Home Page: www.fema.gov/firegrants
AFG Regional Representatives: http://www.fema.gov/fire-grant-contact-information
AFG Help Desk: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone Toll-Free: 1-866-274-0960