Online Training Available
Due to the current challenges in holding in-person department training, in our last issue we highlighted some online training that is available for firefighters and EMS providers, including free courses in the NVFC Virtual Classroom. Here are a few additional sources for online training:
- ResponderSafety.com Learning Network has close to 40 free courses relating to safe roadway operations.
- FM Global’s Fire Service Learning Network offers self-paced modules relating to topics in firefighting at commercial and industrial properties, including a four-module course for Fighting Fire in Sprinklered Buildings.
- UL Firefighter Safety Research Institute’s Fire Safety Academy offers free science-based courses for fire service personnel. Topics include fire dynamics, firefighting tactics, and firefighter health.
- The National Fire Protection Association is offering free access to its energy storage systems, alternative fuel vehicles, and flammable refrigerants online programs, in addition to its paid online learning and certification programs.
- ESIP/McNeil & Co. have launched a free weekly webinar series and also made some of their E-learning courses available to non-clients.
- TRANSCAER offers a variety of online hazmat training courses for emergency responders and community leaders.